Welcome to the SAS Health Page!
Please make sure that the school has your current contact information.
Health Room Emergency Form (update annually)
Health Inventory (a current physical is needed for students entering PreK-3, PreK-4, Kindergarten and 6th grade as well as all new students.)
Lead Testing Form (All Pre-K and Kindergarten)
Maryland Immunization Certificate** (See note below.)
Dental Form (need only 1 on file)
Medication Form (separate one for each medication)
Hearing/Vision Consent Form (Spring - for Kindergarten, 1st, and 8th graders)
All medications, including OTC meds, must be accompanied by a written order from the physician. They must come in the original labeled container and must be delivered/picked up at the end of the year by the parent. Medications are not permitted to be stored over the summer months, and a new medication form is required at the beginning of the school year.
Students with anaphylactic allergies must have an emergency plan in place/signed by the prescribing physician, and medications must be provided by the family.
24 Hour Rule (as stated in the School Handbook)
Our school policy is that you should not send your child to school if he/she has:
1. Fever in the past 24 hours (should be afebrile without the use of fever-reducing medications)
2. Vomiting in the past 24 hours
3. Diarrhea in the past 24 hours
4. Strep Throat (must have been taking an antibiotic for at least 24 hours before returning to school).
5. Bad cold, with a very runny nose or bad cough, especially if it has kept the child awake at night.
6. Head lice - unless they have been treated according to the nurse or doctor’s instructions.
If your child becomes ill at school and the teacher or school nurse feel the child is too sick to benefit from school or is contagious to other children, you will be called to come and take him/her home from school.
Offered annually to students in kindergarten, 1st, and 8th grades as well as any new students that do not have a H/V record on file. Screening typically occurs in the Spring. Consent forms will be sent prior to screening and no student may be screened without a signed consent form.