Home and School Association
Welcome to HSA!
All families at St. Augustine Catholic School are members of the HSA, and we hope to meet many of you in the coming year. There are many ways to become involved through volunteering and attending general meetings. Please be sure to contact us with questions or ideas you may have for building our community.
and , HSA Co-Presidents 2020-21
The Purpose of the Home and School Association is to:
● help parents, School administration and faculty develop a mutual understanding and appreciation of the mission of Catholic Education,
● provide a formal avenue for parents/caregivers of current students to participate with the faculty and administration in their children's education
● develop supportive systems for communication and service to the school and school community
● work with the school administration, faculty and staff to provide programs and processes that engage the School families in spiritual, educational, outreach, social, legislative, public relations, service and fundraising activities that further the mission of the School
● collaborate with the pastor and our parish (CCASTA), other parishes, civic and school organizations
● discern through prayer and support the contemporary vision of the Church for Catholic education, and
● collaborate with the Principal of the School.
Co-Presidents: Emily Kuchinsky and Andrea Seurkamp
Vice President: Joy Emery
Secretary: Kim Lare
Treasurer: Mike LaMartina
Victoria Comasco, Casey Taylor, Kurt Roper
To contact Mrs. Kuchinsky or Mrs. Seurkamp, HSA Co-Presidents: Call 410-796-3040 or contact the HSA at HSA@staug-md.org.
HSA Meetings General Meetings 2020-2021
October: Virtual Zoom Pre-recorded WATCH RECORDED MEETING HERE
Future Virtual Meetings TBD
The Executive Board meets at 6:00 pm prior to the HSA General Meetings.
Executive Board of the HSA Meetings
Thursday, September 10, 2020 6:30 PM
Monday, October 12, 2020 6:00 PM
Tuesday, November 3, 2020 6:30 PM
Tuesday, January 12, 2021 6:30 PM
Monday, February 8, 2021 6:00 PM
Tuesday, March 9, 2021 6:30 PM
Monday, May 10, 2021 6:30 PM
June 2021 TBD
All SAS families are expected to enroll and participate in the HSA. Annual dues are $25 per family and are included in the family registration fee. Dues cover the cost of multiple assemblies throughout the school year that benefit all of our children.
Upcoming Events & News
- October 30, 2020 Halloween Bingo (during school)
- November 13, 2020 Race for Education
- December TBD Dinner with Santa
- January 31, 2021 -February 6, 2021 Catholic Schools Week
Monthly Auctions in place of BBQ Bash TBD
Muffins with Mom
Monthly Restaurant Fundraisers
Follow us on Facebook: @HomeandSchoolAssociationSAS